Minimal Theme for the new Twitter UI – install now!
This theme aims to drastically simplify and declutter the new Twitter UI. By default:
- No border on main feed
- Hidden navigation labels (shown on hover)
- Navigation pushed to left side of window
- No trends or “Who to Follow” on Home Page
- Search on top right
- Tweet button on bottom right.
Download Chrome extension in the Chrome Web Store
How to set Chrome preferences
In case there are issues with the Chrome Web Store, follow these instructions to get the latest Chrome extension version:
- Clone or Download this repo
- Open Chrome, then type in
chrome://extensions in your address bar.
- Enable Developer Mode by clicking the toggle switch next to Developer mode.
- Click the LOAD UNPACKED button
- Select the extension folder/directory, called
chrome that you downloaded in this repo
Download Firefox add-on in Firefox Browser Add-ons
How to set Firefox preferences
Safari Extension (unofficial)
To install Minimal Twitter on Safari, just follow the below instructions:
- Download the the Minimal Twitter GitHub repository
- Unzip the zipped Minimal Twitter file that you just downloaded.
- Go to Safari > Preferences and click on the Advanced tab.
- Check the box “Show Develop menu in menu bar”
- Now, go to Develop > Show Extension Builder
- Click the + button > Add Extension
- Go to the unzipped Minimal Twitter and select the
- Click run
Why is this unofficial? Well… Official Safari extensions require me to have Apple Developer Program membership and create a Apple developer certificate. Because Apple Developer membership costs $99 + tax a year, unforunately, I can’t add an official extension right now (too broke).
Chrome and Firefox Preferences
Customization currently available in Chrome and Firefox! ⚙️
- Select preferred width of Twitter feed sections
- Anchor navigation to top
- Minimize borders between tweets, in explore, and in notifications
- Hide the bottom right Tweet button
- Hide retweet and/or like numbers
- Right click or secondary click on the Minimal Twitter Extension and select “Options”
- Set user preferences
- Click “Save” button
- Right click or secondary click on the Minimal Twitter Extension and select “Manage Extension”
- Go to “Preferences” tab
- Select preferences
- Click “Save” button
Feel free to clone/fork this repository and extend it to your ❤️’s delight. The following documentation is the official documentation used at time of development.
Support this project!
If you found this project useful, consider supporting me on GitHub Sponsors :)